Educational Outreach Programs for Schools, Preschools & Daycares
Outreach programs allow students the opportunity to see and pet animals up close and person. During your program, students will meet 8-10 friendly farm animal ambassadors from Lucky Ladd Farms and will learn many fun facts about these cute critters.
Animals are set up in an attractive self-contained fenced area. Lucky Ladd Farms handles the set-up and clean up of our exhibit space. We provide at least two trained animal handlers so someone is always available to answer questions, supervise animals and help guarantee a great experience for your students. Hand-sanitizer stations with signage reminding everyone about the importance of proper "hand-washing" for good health and hygiene is provided.
Animal assortment may include:
Goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, miniature horse, miniature donkey, pig, rabbits, llama and alpaca.
As required by law, we are USDA licensed and inspected. We meet and exceed all requirements of the Animal Welfare Act. Additionally, Lucky Ladd Farms carries a commercial liability insurance policy.
Educational Presentation Add-on
Add an educational presentation that is grade-level appropriate and complements Tennessee curriculum standards. Review our Educational Program Options that can be brought to the classroom.
Don't see a program that fits your needs? Give us a call at (615) 618-1154 and we'll work with you to create an amazing wildlife or agricultural program to fit your needs.
Educational Presentation Length: 20 minutes
Educational Program Cost: $25 per class or $100 for group assembly
- Petting Farm Assortment: 8 to 10 animals
- Animal feeding is not available for mobile outreach programs.
- There is no charge for set-up and clean-up time.
- Advanced registration required.
- Outdoor set-up requirements: A shaded, grassy area on level ground so that fencing can be properly installed to contain the animals. Access to potable water. If requirements are not available, USDA regulations require proper shading and bedding for animals and additional fees may be incurred due to cost of added materials, time and labor:
- Shade Tent: $75 Fee
- Animal Bedding: $100 Fee
- Indoor set-up requirements: USDA regulations require proper bedding for animals and additional fees may be incurred due to cost of added materials, time and labor:
- Protective Ground Cloth and Animal Bedding: $100 Fee
- Programs booked on major holidays are subject to a $100 surcharge.
- Animal Loading/Unloading Zone: must be within 50 feet from exhibit site.
- Access to fresh potable water is needed for the animals.
- Access to an electrical power source to power fans for cooling animals is required during the months of June through September.
- Lucky Ladd Farms reserves the right to substitute, change or not include animals for any reason. Our first priority is always the health, comfort and safety of our animals.
- Lucky Ladd Farms reserves the right to reschedule tours in the event of inclement weather.
- Please review our Legal and Liability Disclosures before booking.
Ready to book your a mobile event for your school? Click the online registration button below to get your reservation started:
- April - September
- Tuesday - Friday
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Classes rotate over a 2 hour time frame. Maximum 25 students per session. Session length dependent on number of classes.
$325 - 2 hour program
$100 - Each additional hour
Deposit: $50 due upon booking
Free - First 25 miles each way
$1.50 - Per additional mile
- 20x20 area
- Indoor and Outdoor accommodations available
A minimum of two weeks notice of cancellation prior to program date is required to receive a refund.